Thursday, July 21, 2022

Courage My Companion

An example of how a biography should be conceived and placed in the public domain

It has been 13 years since the publication of my autobiography titled `Courage my Companion` So when Kannan Chakravarthy ( brother of the celebrity actor Hema Malini), whom I got to know through Madras Book Club asked me for a copy of my book , I obliged by sending him the PDF version of the book as I have run out of copies. I was delighted to receive the following feedback from him within a week of sending the book to him ( If his feedback makes you want to read my autobiography I will be happy to share the PDF version free with you if you can send your request to my email id: rvrajan42@gmail.com)
A feedback from Kannan Chakravarthy
I would describe Rajan as a rare individual who has bridged the gap between his small beginnings and relative affluence of later years with astounding ease. Where he acquired this resilience is difficult to fathom from his narrative, 'Courage-My Companion" which moves from event to event and episode to episode in rapid succession.
Gleaning lessons from his life, therefore, becomes that much more difficult.
His familiarity with the icons of business and industry at that time, his observations of life in high society raises important questions as to how he remained unaffected by the glamorous backdrop of his profession. He puts it down vaguely to his simple roots and belief in destiny. If that be so, he is a true 'Karma Yogi' devoid of attachment to material objects — but still he will have explanations to offer for the extraordinary life he has led!
His riveting observations about the Advertising Industry and how it functions can just be a Bible to others in the Industry. The names, positions and responsibilities of each individual he had come across in his colourful career and their functioning points to his keen sense of 'being in the moment' and absorbing events as they occurred. It's a rare quality.
Rajan is devastatingly candid about his personal life. Shows that he has the innocence of a boy and the wisdom of an evolved individual.As a man born to be in the limelight in all circumstances and conditions, he has proved his immense worth in Social Organizations such as the Round Table and Rotary. He has adduced reasons for his unflinching faith in the Almighty quoting various instances in his life. God has been with him in trying circumstances. Of this there is no doubt.
The photograph gallery is eye catching and captures every moment of his meteoric rise. RK Laxman's signature cartoon on the cover portraying Mr Rajan's confident gait is amazingly true to his character.
My heartiest congratulations to the creator of this Magnum Opus. It should adorn every bookshelf in the country as `an example of how a biography should be conceived and placed in the public domain`.
Chakravarti
Chennai
July 15 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment