Monday, February 26, 2024

The beginning of a new chapter


A new chapter in my life has begun. While I am excited about the prospects I am also a little nervous about how things will shape up. My mind goes

back to the time when as a 26-year-old man I took the first bold decision in my life. Within just three years in my dream job with Clarion Mc Cann advertising, based on the advice given by my well-wishers I decided to move to a one-bedroom, two toilets attached flat in Santacruz, Mumbai. The rent was Rs. 400 per month. My salary then was only Rs 1000 per month. The 250 sq.ft room in a chawl in Matunga, where my family of six was staying, sharing two toilets with 56 others every morning, was costing my father only Rs 20 per month. A very cautious man that he was, my father refused to move to the flat with the family. His argument was if for any reason I lost my job the whole family would be in the streets. However, due to unexpected circumstances, the family moved with me within a year, justifying my decision. With divine grace and elders' blessings, I moved up very fast in my career ultimately landing in Chennai, where for the next 50 years I had a glorious inning realising many of my dreams and also leaving behind my footprints on the sands of time in several professional and service organizations that I was associated with. It was a period of many achievements and new experiences which made my life meaningful. During this period many out-of-the-box solutions I found to many of the problems I faced, proved to be right. Including what I did with an explosive letter my wife wrote to me which became a turning point in her life and our relationship. I am sure that my well-considered decision to move to Nana Nani, the senior citizen home in Coimbatore would also turn out right. After all it was Shirdi Saibaba who fast-tracked the whole process. Look for my next posting to know more details.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment