Sunday, June 24, 2018

Hitting a double century!



 With the publication of my article titled `A Biography that became an autobiography` based on the book by Dr.S.Krishnaswamy in the Madras Musings issue dt. 16-30 June,2018 , I have crossed two  milestones.  I now have  200 articles published in various periodicals  which includes the publication of 50 of my articles  in Adyar Times under my column `Rajan`s Random Reflections`.
 
Encouraged by the success of my autobiography titled ` Courage My Companion` I started   writing on a variety of topics and posted on them on my blog. My first article titled `ubiquitous Velaikkari appeared in the April,2011 issue of `Eves Touch` magazine which  had the veteran journalist Mr S.Muthiah as a consultant editor. Later an  article titled ` Lord`s Abode- 106 plus 2`` based on my trip to Divya Desams appeared in the Open Page section of The Hindu in June,2011 for which I received an overwhelming response. Since then my articles have appeared in a number of periodicals which include Hindu,  Times of India, New Indian  Express, Madras Musings, Dignity Dialogue, Infinithoughts, Anglos in the Wind, Rotary News, Rind Survey & Vidhura ( publications of the Press Institute of India), magazines of the Madras Boat Club & the Gandhi Nagar Club. My dream of becoming a regular columnist became a reality when Adyar Times published my first article under my column in October,2015.

In the last eight years  I also have the satisfaction  of  publishing  eight  books covering 6 genres of writing.  I am happy that my taking up writing as a  hobby post retirement has worked well for me keeping me very  busy. God willing, I hope to cross some more milestones as a writer  and am looking forward to publishing my first  novel by next year. I believe age is no barrier for having dreams!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all my readers who have kept me going as a writer with their often appreciative  and some times critical feedback on my articles. I would like to specially thank  Mr.S.Muthiah and my good friend  S.R.Madhu  for their constant encouragement.  And my brother Seshadri and my daughter Sowmya for their valuable inputs on my articles before I release them for publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment