Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Talent is inherent.

On the Mother`s day my second grandson, 16 year old  Keshav presented a very eloquent pencil sketch to his mother( attached). I thought the drawing without any caption, spoke more than what mere  words could convey. He is shaping up to be a good artist apart from his interest in Guitar. I am proud of the fact that all my grand children (see photo taken last year) are talented in some creative area.  Arul, the eldest of the lot, who is doing his Masters at Carnegie Melon  in U S A is also  a talented  writer. A brilliant student I feel he has the potential to earn a big name in the world of writing, if he continues to write in addition to pursuing his chosen career. Uthara is shaping up to be  a promising singer of Carnatic music, while she is studying for a degree at the Wipro University in Bangalore. I dream of seeing her perform in Music Academy in my life time! Nila, a multi talented girl  who enjoys acting and also dancing- the folk variety. The youngest of the lot, two years old Thavam, my resident grandson has natural instinct for music and sports. His father, my son Balaji,  was the only serious sportsman in the family- he was a Sports Captain in his final year at Sishya school.

All my three children were also trained in some art.  Kavitha & Sowmya learnt Bharat Natyam. In addition Kavitha learnt to play on Veena and Sowmya learnt Carnatic music. A Gold medalist in Fine Arts from Madras University, Kavitha is also a brilliant artist. She has chosen to lie low while Sowmya is making waves in the world of story telling.  Balaji learnt violin from (late)Alandur Natarajan for 12 years. My wife Prabha was a great support to my children in their creative pursuits.

I believe that talent is inherent in every one. It is for somebody to discover the specific talent in a youngster and encourage him/her to blossom in his/her chosen filed. Invariably this responsibility falls on the mothers. Children must be exposed to different creative opportunities so that they can decide on  what they want to specialize.

In my long career as an advertising man I have had the privilege of spotting many talented youngsters and encouraged them  to be successful in their chosen fields. I am proud that many of them have reached great heights!.


No comments:

Post a Comment