Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Prabha`s landmark birthday today

Prabha would have turned 70 today (27/7/21).  Though I miss her physical presence I  continue  to live with Prabha in my virtual world. As I have always said, instead of mourning her death I have been celebrating her memory every day for the last eight years. She was my life partner for 40 years. She more than lived up to my expectations over the years (I still don`t know if I lived up to her expectations) Befitting our Indian culture, she helped me look after my family, which included my aging parents. As I was busy with my career and involved with several voluntary organizations, she did a great job of balancing  her duty to the family and her other interests.


A fast learner, she overcame several of her initial inhibitions to become a wonderful partner, good daughter-in-law, lovely mother, doting grand mother and above all a great homemaker! In the last two decades of her life, she  acquired an identity of her own as a writer  and as a socially active person. She walked  tall in our social circles! I was  certainly proud of her achievements.

Though she lived to see the four grand children through my daughters Kavitha and Sowmya  arrive in the world it is a pity that  she is not there to enjoy the two bundles of joy-  3 years old Thavam &  5 months old Bhakthi- our resident grand children born to my son Balaji/Tulse.

In celebration of her memory I am involved with many activities to identify and bring to lime light talented women writers under the auspices of  Prabha Rajan Talent Foundation. In the process  I am  trying to spread happiness around to the best of my abilities. Hope that keeps my dear Prabha`s soul happy!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment