Sunday, August 8, 2021

Grand Children – best gifts one can get in life!

I consider  Grand parenthood as the greatest promotion one can get in life. There cannot be a greater gift than getting a grandson or a  grand daughter. I had the privilege of becoming a grand father at the age of 54 when my grandson Arul was born. I remember the day vividly. I was busy in the office in discussion with my Secretary, when I got a call informing me of the arrival of a  baby boy - my first grand child through my eldest daughter Kavitha & RU. I literally jumped with joy shouting `I have become a Thatha!` Arul had arrived  in this world seven  weeks before my silver wedding anniversary. I had a grand function planned at Savera Hotel. The invitation went  in the name of Arul which carried a line at the end `No gifts please. My grandparents say  I am the best gift they got for their Silver Wedding Anniversary`

Since that day 25 years ago I have been blessed with five more grand children. Three grandsons  and three grand daughters including the two late arrivals – my resident grand children  3 years old Thavam and 5 month old baby doll Bakthi. The lovely kids of my son are keeping me entertained and spreading joy around.  Though I must confess  that at 79,  I don`t have the energy that I had 20 years ago to indulge them physically. It is always good fun when all my children and grand children visit my home for a family get together. We had one such occasion three days ago.  A lunch get together in honour of my second daughter Sowmya and her family visiting us after nearly two years thanks to the restriction imposed by the pandemic. The occasion also provided photo ops. Attached is a photo of my grand kids taken on the occasion. I missed Arul as he is now based in San Diego in USA ,doing well in his fist job that  he got after completing his Masters from the Carnegie Mellon university.

While the four senior grand kids, all talented in fields of their choice,  have grown into mature kids with their heads on their shoulders- I am sure the latest arrivals also will follow suit judging by the way my son Balaji and daughter in law Tulse are bringing them up. Please join me in  blessing  all my grand kids a bright future.

No comments:

Post a Comment