Friday, September 3, 2021

Girija Raghavan – a human dynamo!

It was Ravi Tamilvanan of Manimekalai Prasuram who introduced me to Girija Raghavan in 2013. He would refer to her as  a `one woman army. I was wondering why. I got the answer I as came  to know her closely through the several contests that Prabha Rajan Talent Foundation sponsored in association with Ladies Special magazine.   I realized  that she is really  a `human dynamo` and a  fountain head of ideas  to encourage talented women to come to lime light. The number of activities connected with empowering women she is involved in, is mind boggling. A multi talented woman she is personification of what a determined person with clear vision and focus can achieve in life- all single handedly.

It was indeed courageous of her to start a Ladies magazine , without any kind of knowledge of publishing and make it a success. The fact that the magazine is entering its 25th year of  existence  is no mean achievement especially in a market where readership of print media is going down and advertisers are increasingly supporting social media. What impressed me most was when she continued to bring out the magazine for six months without fail  while  she was in USA spending time with her son`s family.

I have also witnessed her active involvement with Rotary  and the innovative ideas she introduced at the District level. Her  idea of recognizing and giving Shakthi awards to young and old female achievers everyday virtually for 31 days during March this year in association with the Rotary Dist 3232 was unique. I was happy to find that my  daughter Sowmya who is a big name in the world of professional story tellers  was one of them.

A workaholic, she is also an excellent communicator both in person and in public. I am an ardent admirer of this dynamic lady.

While wishing the Ladies Special magazine continued success in the  years to come I pray god to bestow  good health and long life on Girija Raghavan so that she continues to serve the society.

(The Translated version of the above Greetings in Tamil was done by my sister in law Mythili Seshadri and appears in the latest Silver Jubilee Special issue of Ladies Special magazine).

 


No comments:

Post a Comment