Sunday, August 29, 2021

I have entered the world of Octogenarians!

It was celebration time again. One year ahead of  my 80th birthday and one day ahead of my Calender birthday. Though  I turn 79 only today and enter  the world of Octogenarians,  the celebrations took place yesterday- a Sunday. It started with my getting the best birthday gift of my life from my family. I opened my mail box yesterday morning  to find a mail from my daughter Sowmya attaching a book containing greetings and matching photos from my close family, extended family, old friends including a few walking friends. It was full of encomiums which I don`t know if I deserve. But I accept the sentiments expressed  with all humility. I had planned for a big get together  at GNC but that had to be cancelled due to restrictions on the number of guests allowed ( I promise to have that party later when the restrictions are totally relaxed).Instead I hosted a breakfast at Matsya restaurant in Gandhi Nagar for my walking friends whom I meet every morning. This was followed by a lunch at my residence in Sastri Nagar for close family in which my  resident grand kids Thavam and Bakthi and the non resident grand daughter Nila were VIP guests. The food from Eden restaurant which my son Balaji had arranged was delicious. I broke my resolve of not touching the spirits for the last seven years by having a glass of wine to celebrate the special occasion.

 In the evening Sowmya had arranged for a zoom meeting, anchored by my son in law RU,  at which over two dozen members of  my close and extended family conveyed their greetings to me online. Going down memory lane is always interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting with every one. On the whole it  was a good start for another year which I hope to celebrate every day, God Willing!

No comments:

Post a Comment