Friday, January 7, 2022

Ninth Anniversary of a departed soul!

This day ( 5th January) , nine years ago, my life partner for 40 years left this world to join her favourite  god in heaven. Instead of mourning her death I have been celebrating her memory through the activities of Prabha Rajan Talent Foundation  which I started in her memory. I am not having any function this year  to commemorate the day because of the restrictions on holding functions. However I released an  advertisement  in the 2021 Diwali special issues of Kalaimagal and Ladies Special – the two Tamil monthlies  which have supported the activities of PRTF over the years. I am reproducing below the text of the advertisement:

                                                               A Tribute

 When I thought I was being a dutiful husband during the first half of our  married life, you made me realise that I owed you more than that – an emotional connect which I had failed to give you. An explosive letter you wrote to me not only opened my eyes but also made me realize your hidden talents. I encouraged you to come out of your shell. From the shy, introverted housewife you became an inspiration for other women through your writings and your life. With your involvement in social service activities you developed an identity of your own. I was proud of your achievements. Then suddenly, at the height of your multi faceted life the dreaded cancer  snatched you away from me. You were only 61. Instead of mourning your death I decided to celebrate your memory through  the Foundation I started in your name. Today, through the PRTF, I am trying to nurture those talents in other women that had given you your sense of identity and stature in society. Sponsoring a variety of activities to encourage talented writers among women and help them to come into the limelight I want many more Prabhas to blossom in this Society, age no barrier. This is helping me feel your presence every  minute of my life. I  know I can never truly make up for those first 16 years of our married life. But I'm trying.

 

 From your life partner for 40 years 

No comments:

Post a Comment