Wednesday, September 28, 2022

In pursuit of a dream!

One more bird in the family flies away. Uthara,  my second grand child and the daughter of my second daughter  Sowmya and Srinivasan flew to Munich in  Germany  yesterday. Uthara has finished her BSc /BEd Life Sciences ( dual degree) from Azim Premji University in Bangalore and will be joining the LMU in Munich  to do her Masters in Ecology, Evolution and Systematics. I don`t understand what this means  but  I learn that LMU is one of the oldest & prestigious Universities in Europe.

While her mother has made a name as an accomplished oral story teller, Uthara is well known for her golden voice. Trained in Carnatic music from the age of 6 she is an accomplished  singer who had her arangetram performed  in Bangalore five years ago. The last time I heard her was at my star 80th  birthday celebration in Chennai on 17th August . I got interested in Carnatic music only because of Uthara. My dream is to see her perform at Music Academy one day. Please join me in wishing Uthara all the best in her new interest and pray that my dream for her also becomes a reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment