Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Another wicket down!

Another friend passed away on Monday morning after fighting a losing battle with Cancer for over two years. He was 74. Ramani was one of the founding members of a Seenager group called the Elliot Group which meets every morning at Bessy to gossip and have fun. I have been a member of this group for the last 11 years and had the privilege of becoming one of Ramani`s good friends. Every morning Ramani could be seen bursting with his trademark laughter at every joke anyone cracked. Otherwise, he was a serious person. A soft-spoken and caring gentleman he was very popular in the group. He and his wife were regular walkers at the Bessy.  As a man who was involved in the computer business all his life, he was a tech-savvy person. A go-to person for anyone with problems with their mobile. While he was an avid cricket buff, he was also good at creating caricatures of friends using Photoshop. I think I was one of his favourite subjects. He had done seven caricatures of me over the years. I am attaching one sample where he made me look like Kamalahasan in Avvai Shanmughi. Obviously, there was a creative streak in him, and creating caricatures was his hobby. While one is sorry for losing a good friend, in a way it is good that he will not have to go through the sheer agony he went through during the last two years. While offering my heartfelt condolences to his wife Girija and his two sons, I pray to God to bestow Sadgati on Ramani. Om Sairam!

No comments:

Post a Comment