Thursday, January 4, 2024

Remembering Prabha on her eleventh Anniversary

Instead of mourning her death on 5th January 2013 I have been celebrating the memory of my life partner for forty years through Prabha Rajan Talent Foundation (PRTF) activities which I started in her memory. On the 10th Anniversary event last year, a new idea of presenting the PRTF Role Model awards was introduced and two deserving senior citizens were honoured. I released  an advertisement  in the 2023 Diwali issues of Kalaimagal and Ladies Special magazines which briefly highlighted  the achievements of three women who decided to pursue their passion for writing, late in life, like Prabha.

 On her 11th Anniversary, I promise that I will continue with the activities of PRTF as long as I am mentally and physically fit. Om Sai Ram.
---------------------------------------------
The attached photo of Prabha was taken in Kashmir where we had a- Childhood dream come true holiday- as she called it. We returned from the holiday on 25th April,2012 and she was diagnosed of terminal cancer on 5th June,2012. She passed away on 5th January,2013, exactly seven months after the diagnosis of colon cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment