Tuesday, June 13, 2023

I am Adyar. Adyar is me

 A few weeks ago a team from Federal Bank accompanied by executives from Ogilvy Advertising landed in my home. As a long-time resident of Adyar (49 years), they wanted me to share my experiences with Adyar. What it meant to me and highlights of my long association with Adyar. I was told that this was being done as a part of  `I am Adyar. Adyar is Me` campaign that celebrates people and their culture in Adyar. For the launch of campaign the Adyar branch of the Bank had been converted into an exhibition venue featuring portraits (caricatures) of over 40 long-time residents of Adyar along with an extract in text form converted from a  video recording they had done of everyone. The text shown alongside my photo titled ` Walking is my medicine` highlighted my tryst with  Elliots Beach and the quality time I spend every morning at the beach road walking and spending fun times with friends which charges my body battery for the whole day. At the inaugural function, I was presented with a copy of the nicely framed portrait and a box containing delicious sweets and snacks. The fortnight-long exhibition was being promoted heavily through mobile banners and other publicity efforts through various media.   While it seemed like a good PR effort on the part of the Bank,  I would like to know how this would help improve the bank's client base. I am, however, thankful for the nice portrait of me that the Bank presented me.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment